Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Adventure




A few weeks ago, my parents decided it was time to quit trucking and turned in their resignation. Tomorrow they will be driving to Calgary and dropping the trailer off with it's new owner. I stopped by tonight to take a few photos of the truck and trailer together. I must admit, I got a little teary. For so long I have wished they were home and weren't on the road so often, but I have always been proud of them and what they do (not that I'm not just proud of them in general). There are so many memories of mine associated with them and the truck. While in Vancouver, may parents and the truck were often my trip home, and that continued when Katie was born as well. She loved riding in the truck as did I. The smells (that may seem funny to some of you, but all I can say is pine air freshener and diesel exhaust), the sounds and the motion. I'm sad that it is ending and so excited that they won't be leaving every or most Sundays after only arriving home on Friday. I'm sure that once the snow flies, (sorry to mention that) they will be even more relieved that they don't have to leave home as will I. I'm happy for you and this new chapter Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

ribeirofamilia said...

Thanks for the kind words. Congratulations to your parents and to you and Aaron too. We look forward to seeing you and the kids.

theBreedvelds said...

I think I know how you feel! I was sad when my dad retired from Peterbilt too...I loved that smell from the shop. Best wishes for your mom and dad - I'm sure you'll enjoy and get used to having them around soon ;)
CAN'T wait to see you!!! Safe travels. In our prayers.