Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lilacs and Sweetpeas


My two favorite flowers are lilacs and sweetpeas. Unfortunatly I don't have any sweetpeas yet, however I do have lilacs. Last year when we moved here I told Aaron that we were going to have to plant a lilac bush at some point. To my delight, last spring I looked out the basement bedroom window to see lilacs in my backyard. Who knew! So this spring I have been waiting patiently for them to bloom and they are finally here. Yay! Sadly you can't smell them through the computer, but don't they look pretty?

3 comments:

theBreedvelds said...

Lovely! They are one of my favourites too!

Anonymous said...

A girl after my own heart! Lilacs are my #1 flower of choice too, then we discovered D. has an allergy to them. 2 yrs ago he bought me a dark purple hybrid bush for my birthday. The only condition was that I plant it against the fence and cannot bring cut flowers into the house. Worth it? YES!

The Neufelds said...

Beautiful. We discovered that is what our tree is that hangs over our deck (lilacs). I think we are going to have to get a Sweet Pea for Angeline but we arn't planting much until next year when we figure out what all we have.