Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Victoria Weekend and Race

I know... I am really behind on my blogging. I would love to use the excuse that I am just really busy, and I am... but I'm not. I'm sure that will make no sense to some of you, but to the other moms it may make perfect sense.

For the thanksgiving weekend, my cousin Carmen and her family and our family packed up the cars and travelled to Vancouver and Victoria for the long weekend. Carmen and I had been training for the half marathon here while Andrea trained for it in Vancouver. We had a good trip out and were able to stay with the Breedveld family the night before we caught our ferry. It was a great evening in a full house since they also had family visiting. The evening was way too quick, actually on that note, the whole weekend was, but I'm glad we got what we did. We met up with Andrea and family the next morning and were on our way to Victoria. We had a great weekend. The weather was great, the kids had fun without any fighting and the husbands seemed to have a good time even with 7 kids combined! The race was beautiful, and I must note this is my favourite race of all the 13 I have now done. Time wasn't great, but the whole point of this race was to complete it, have fun, and most of all do it with Andrea and Carmen. I am getting choked up just thinking about racing with Andrea again. It had been a long time since we ran side by side in a race. Ladies, I had a wonderful time and look forward to doing it again. Next time though I am dragging Carolyne along too!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: