Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blessed

I had to take a moment from washing dishes tonight to share how blessed I am feeling. Today has been one of those days with the kids that makes memories (good ones). Aaron came home feeling productive and happy with the day, and we had a great supper together as a family. I know that I need to remember all the blessings God has given me on bad days as well, but today it has hit me hard. I was washing the dishes and Aaron was on the floor in the living room with the kids. All I could hear was laughter from all 3 of them and the song Blessed from Martina McBride came to me. It is a good song, and so true. Thank you God!

Here are the lyrics to the first part of the song.

I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

1 comment:

BSLytwyn said...

I love this song!!!. I know how you feel. I love it when you just feel so blessed and happy with your life and family. Yes, somedays defiantly stand out more then others...

Thank-you for this post, it made me really think about how blessed I am :).

<3 Sheena Lytwyn