Tuesday, October 13, 2009

21.1


On Saturday our family headed over to the island for Carolyne and I to run the half marathon. After a lengthy and trying 6 hour wait we finally boarded the ferry to the island. On Sunday morning, Carolyne and I completed the Royal Victoria Half Marathon. We finished in 2:12:22, and did it without our usual walk breaks. We are both happy with our race and had a lot of fun. It was a whirlwind of a weekend with us heading home on Sunday afternoon, but looking back (with all the travel behind us) I am disappointed that it is over! I have enjoyed the break that running has provided and the shared talks that we have been able to have without interruptions. Thank you Carolyne for sharing this me. Also thank you for the photos you sent, since our camera had a dead battery when we arrived. I am already looking forward to more running. By the way to all you looking at the photos, we didn't plan on wearing the same outfits, but you can't blame us for both having good taste! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

theBreedvelds said...

Love it! We do look like twins though :P
I have to admit I am so sad it is over and am looking for another soon!! How about Nov 15??

The Radke's said...

I think it sounds great! I had already been to the race website. My question is 10 or 21?

Anonymous said...

And here I thought you dressed in the same outfit to show the world that you were a team..small but mighty... Team Bethany ... !

Congratulations on a race well run.