Saturday, November 29, 2008

Half Way There

Yesterday morning, I had my 19 week ultrasound (I know that isn't 1/2 way but a couple of days isn't much). I was nervous going into it, since I haven't felt a lot and I was scared that we may be blindsided again. However the only thing that blindsided us was when the tech retook the measurements because "this is a big baby." Hmmm, how big is big? It is within normal range, but at the very upper of normal (8o percentile). They asked us multiple times if we wanted to know what the baby was, but we held strong and will wait for the surprise. The baby was very active for us and it was fun to watch, we even found out that we have another thumb sucker, I guess we get to go through the whole soother thing again. We have discovered it was much easier to get rid of a soother than it would be a thumb. Now we get to sit back an relax for the last half. If Katie is right, it will be a baby sister, but I really don't think she knows what the difference is. Aaron and I both have suspisions, but they are both different so it will be fun when the time comes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you! When junior arrives Katie will be at an age when she will be full of wonder at this new toy.

,,,, Marg L.

The Neufelds said...

I think it is a boy but I am often wrong. It will be fun to find out in April. Melissa

Vanessa said...

so exciting! can you call my cell cuz we don't have a home phone & I want to talk to you!

Chris said...

Hey just tried to send you an email and it bounced back so looks like the address I have on file is out of date. Can you email me your new post address as I know you've moved and I'm trying to sort out my Christmas card list & email addresses in my contact list. Thanks :)

Michelle said...

I am so excited for you! We have to get together soon.