Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Vancouver Marathon





On Sunday morning, we awoke way too early so I could run the Vancouver Half Marathon. I struggled with the fact that I was only running the half and not the full marathon this time. I kept reminding myself and being reminded that it was my first post pregnancy race, and I am really glad that I ran the half now! I finished in 2:23:06. Sadly this was 22 minutes slower than my previous best, but it is a place to progress from. I finished, I didn't take any extra walk breaks, and I feel great. Andrea ran the full and qualified for the Boston Marathon. Congrats! This meant that she ran 26.2 miles in 3:45:36. Need I say more! Heidi S. also did the half with me. She decided to walk the half and registered 2 days before the race. She hoped to finish in 4 hours or less. She finished in 3:40. No sweat! The weather was rather dreary, but great for those of us doing the race. I don't know if the cheering crowd enjoyed it quite so much though... thanks Aaron and Katie.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey way to go there girl. I have come to admit the fact that my body will not allow me to run anymore. My knees just can't take it. So it's walking for me, and I'm doing lots of it.

Heath said...

Way to go Jen... your an inspiration to the rest of us couch potatoes. Saw the latest pictures of Katie at your mom's house... co cute!

The Neufelds said...

I'm glad you posted some pics from race day. You're looking great. Glad that we get to see each other twice a week at swimming lessons now.
Love, Melissa